BC Cannabis Marketing License 101 for Licensed ProducersJuly 26, 2021
Have a Liquor Store for Sale in BC? Working with a Trusted Advisor is the Safest WayAugust 25, 2021
You may have never heard of hospitality consulting services, or perhaps you know the title by other names such as “hospitality industry consultant” or “hospitality business consultant”. No matter what you call the service, if you run a hospitality business in the tourism-sector, collaborating with a consultant who understands the needs of your business will save you time and ensure that your business is optimized for success.
What Does a Hospitality Industry Consultant Do?
Hospitality industry consultants are business consultants and advisors that work with accommodations and food/beverage businesses, such as:
- Destination resorts
- Tourist attractions
- Sports venues
- Theatre and other entertainment venues
- Restaurants and cafes
The work of a hospitality consultant is wide ranging, and can include strategic planning, marketing, business management consulting, project management, revenue management, technology implementation, employee recruitment, licensing (municipal, provincial/state, and federal), and more. Large hospitality consulting companies employ specialists in all of these areas, whereas other hospitality industry consultants specialize in one or two services, which they often do exclusively. Thrive Liquor & Cannabis Advisors specialize in retail liquor or cannabis licensing and start-up support, and licensing in general. In a nutshell, we help liquor retailers, restaurants, and pubs get up and running, remain compliant, and operate efficiently to maximize profit.
Thrive Hospitality Consulting Services
Thrive hospitality industry consultants work with food and beverage businesses (single-store businesses or chains) within the hospitality and tourism sector. The food and beverage business may be owned by an individual, partnership, or corporation. Some businesses we help are located within a hotel, casino or resort, or may be owned by the hotel, casino, resort.
Our consultants take care of often time-consuming and complicated research, paperwork, and licensing applications. These can include:
- Liquor license applications and renewals
- Food service licensing
- Health permits
- Municipal business licenses
- Provincial and federal licenses
- Entertainment and venue licensing
- Liquor and cannabis store inventory consulting
- Retail liquor and cannabis store setup, training, policy and procedures manuals, and compliance audits
- In-store marketing consulting
- Employee recruitment for retail liquor and cannabis stores
Hospitality Industry Licensing
Hospitality industry licensing is central to our work. Before a hospitality business opens its doors, there are numerous licensing requirements that must be met and applications that must be submitted for approval. As an example, consider the steps a restaurant with liquor service must take before they can begin serving customers.
- Create a business plan
- Become a registered company
- Complete security clearance/background check (usually for management but sometimes for employees)
- Apply for a building permit or find a lease in a suitable location
- Apply for business license
- Apply for a food service license
- Apply for a liquor license
- Set up the restaurant following government floor plan requirements
- Recruit and train staff
- Remain compliant once licenses are approved
Thrive hospitality consulting services can help with all of the steps in bold above.
Thrive Hospitality Consulting Services. It’s Easier Than You Think!
Rebecca Hardin, Thrive CEO and Lead Advisor has built a reputation for hard work and a no-nonsense approach to hospitality industry consulting. For over a decade, Rebecca and her team have helped countless liquor businesses get off the ground, become successful, and remain successful. Thrive consultants will become an integral part of your team, guiding you to solutions that bring success and create possibilities for a brighter future in your business.