Why hire a cannabis license consultant?
Our cannabis license application services take you higher. Hire Thrive consultants and we’ll get you that BC or Alberta license and stop the bad puns. We’re not just blowin’ smoke. Oops.
If you’re interested in starting a bricks-and-mortar retail cannabis business, you’ll need an experienced guide to support you and ensure you fulfill every requirement. Cannabis licensing in Canada varies from province to province, which makes the application process confusing.
Incomplete or inaccurate applications are the main cause of application delays or rejection. Our retail cannabis license consultants do the hard work for you, reducing the burden and confusion and increasing the chances of license approval.
BC cannabis license applications
For your BC cannabis license application, Thrive will help you fulfill all requirements and documentation. Our streamlined application support process makes it easy.
Below are just a handful of requirements and documents we’ll ensure are complete and accurate before submitting your application.
- Criminal record check
- Copy of an agreement to purchase, lease, or sub-let the proposed store location
- Photos of the store’s exterior and signage
- Floor plans including all amenities such as washrooms, entrances, exits, cannabis storage, sales counter, and register locations
- Locations of security cameras
- Site plan: including the store footprint, locations of other businesses, road access, and parking
- Documents of organization structure
- List of key personnel
- Financials statements and tax filings for the past 3 years
- Projected financial statements
- Funding sources
- Documentation of debts and loans
Alberta cannabis license applications
Alberta, like BC, has a lengthy list of requirements. By putting Thrive cannabis license consultants on your team, you can rest easy knowing that necessary requirements and documentation are complete. Requirements include:
- Particulars of individuals (directors, shareholders or officers, manager)
- A detailed floor plan of the premises
- Site plan of neighbouring businesses
- Offer to lease
- Incorporation particulars
- Shareholding company particulars
- Certificate of incorporation
- Acquisition of cannabis products
- Cannabis licensee acknowledgement and undertaking
- Separation of business
- Copy of lease agreement or certificate of title
- Approved development permit
- Municipal business license and written approval from the municipality
- Fire safety approval
Visit the AGLC Cannabis Licensing pages for an up-to-date list of requirements.
Lighten your workload, and let us take care of it for you.
Liquor strategic planning FAQ
If you’re looking for trusted advisors who work in partnership with you to ensure the success of your business, let’s talk.
Sign up for a 30-min complimentary discovery session.
Let’s start the conversation.