Alberta Liquor Warehousing, Distribution & Sales Model Compared to BCJanuary 21, 2022
BC Indigenous Cannabis Product Program LaunchedJanuary 28, 2022
BC Businesses that were mandated to close by the public health order announced by Dr. Bonnie Henry on December 21/21 are eligible for a one-time relief grant of up to $10,000. According the BC COVID-19 Closure Relief Grant page. Applications are open now.
Grants of $1,000-$10,000 are available to eligible for-profit businesses that were forced to close because of the December 21/22 Provincial Health Officer order.
Businesses that were forced to close include:
- Bars, nightclubs and lounges that don’t serve full meals
- Pilates and yoga studios
- Barre, spin and adult dance studios
- Gyms offering indoor high or low intensity group exercise classes
- Event venues that can no longer hold events
BC COVID-19 Closure Relief Grant Details
- Businesses must meet program criteria to receive funding
- Businesses must have been in operation and registered with BC as of November 1, 2021
- Business must fully comply with December 21/21 and January 18/22 Provincial Health Officer orders
Grants do not have to be paid back unless the business is found to not be following orders or funds are misused. The grant may be used for rent, utilities, insurance, maintenance, and employee wages.
Available funding if your business can reopen starting January 20, 2022
No staff: $1,000
1 to 4: $2,000
Available funding if your business remains closed because of the January 18, 2022 PHP orders
No staff: $2,000
1 to 4: $4,000
Submit your COVID-19 Relief Grant application online (page no longer available)
Thrive Helps BC Liquor & Cannabis Businesses Meet Compliance Criteria
BC liquor and cannabis licensing compliance and public health order compliance can be confusing. Let Thrive Liquor & Cannabis Advisors provide you clarity and guidance, ensuring that your business follows the rules and avoids fines or closures. Our liquor and cannabis consultants make it easy!