Is Your Private BC Liquor Store Job Description Attracting the Right Candidates?March 20, 2022
BC Cannabis Consumption Space Engagement – Are Cannabis Lounges on the Horizon?April 13, 2022
The BC Liquor & Cannabis Regulation Branch has updated liquor manufacturer picnic area endorsement policies in an effort to transition from Temporary Expanded Service Areas to permanent expanded service areas.
Temporary Expanded Service Areas (TESA) were put in place to help BC liquor and food service businesses accommodate social distancing requirements during the pandemic.
The relaxation of liquor manufacturer picnic area endorsement policies and the introduction of permanent extended service areas allow BC liquor manufacturer licensees to keep their temporary service areas beyond the June 1/22 TESA expiry date.
BC Liquor Manufacturer License Change Highlights
Under the old picnic area endorsement policy, being replace by the new policy directive 22-01 (PDF), picnic areas:
- May not be adjacent to other service areas under the same license
- Must not be located on municipal land
- Must be located away from other service areas and other licensed premises
- Must have a direct line of sight from the interior of the establishment
- Must be open to the elements
- Must be located on ground level on a specified surface material
Policy directive 22-01, issued on February 25, 2022, amends the old policy so that picnic areas:
- May be located adjacent to other service areas under the same license
- May be located on municipal land (with permission from the municipality)
- Don’t have to be in direct line of sight from the interior of the establishment
- Don’t have to be open to the elements
- Don’t have to be located on ground level on a specified surface material
The BC Liquor Manufacturers Terms and Conditions Handbook (PDF) has been updated to reflect these policy changes.
Get Help with BC Liquor Licensing Compliance
Thrive Liquor & Cannabis Advisors is one of the most trusted, experienced liquor licensing consultants in BC. We specialize in BC liquor license application and renewal, liquor retail operations, and compliance. Our work saves you time so you can focus on running your business.