Get Your Private BC Liquor Store or Wine Store in Shape for the SummerMarch 11, 2022
Is Your Private BC Liquor Store Job Description Attracting the Right Candidates?March 20, 2022
BC bars, restaurants and nightclubs are returning to more normal operations after the relaxation of provincial COVID-19 restrictions which began on February 16. While all food and beverage service businesses have struggled during the pandemic, BC bars and nightclubs were especially hard hit during closures, so we have our fingers crossed that this BC reopening phase sticks!
Highlights of BC COVID-19 Restrictions Removal
- Restaurants, bars, pubs and nightclubs can reopen at full capacity
- Normal liquor service hours return
- No limits on the number of patrons per table
- Customers don’t have to remain seated
- Customers can mingle with other patrons and can dance
COVID-19 Restrictions Still In Place for BC Bars, Restaurants, Nightclubs
The following continue:
- Masks are still required when not seated at your table and when dancing
- Proof of vaccination (vaccine passport) required
- WorkSafeBC COVID-19 safety plan in place
In BC, masks are required for all indoor public settings for all people born in 2017 or earlier.
View the updated Provincial Health Officer Order for Food and Liquor Serving Premises (PDF).
Thrive Makes Re-Opening Your BC Bar, Restaurant or Nightclub Easy!
If you are reopening your BC food of liquor business to full capacity, let Thrive Liquor & Cannabis Advisors make it easy! Our BC liquor licensing services support many aspects of operating your business:
- Liquor license applications and renewals
- Permanent patio and structural change applications
- BC liquor licensing compliance audits
- Employment job offer postings and hiring strategy